A Century of Innovation
Normally, when one turns 100 one might expect a letter from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. It’s unlikely that this will occur for the team at Mitsubishi Australia. Instead, as you might have guessed, they’ve chosen to celebrate this remarkable milestone with a huge sale. With dramatic price reductions across their entire range, Mitsubishi lovers are, not surprisingly, bursting to get to a Mitsubishi dealer.
The magic of Mitsubishi began back in 1917. They were in good company. 1917 was also the year that Albert Einstein published his first paper on cosmology, Houdini performed his buried alive escape and the incredible Ella Fitzgerald was born. The introduction of Mitsubishi’s Model-A vehicle saw the vehicle become the first mass-production car in Japanese history and in turn set off a chain reaction that would continue for a century, and presumably, for many more years to come.
A detailed timeline celebrating Mitsubishi’s 100th Anniversary can be found here, alternatively, a quick overview can be found below;
- 1917 The Mitsubishi Model-A, the first mass-production car in Japanese history, is released onto the market.
- 1962 Mitsubishi’s first entry into the Macau Grand Prix
- 1970 Research and development on electric vehicle technology begins
- 1973 Lancer 1600 GSR is introduced onto the market and wins the Australian Southern Cross Rally
- 1980 Mitsubishi engineers the WORLD’S FIRST energy saving Turbo Diesel engine
- 1987 The Galant VR-4 is the first vehicle with an Active Electronically Controlled Suspension.
- 1992 VEC Technology is introduced
- 1996 Mitsubishi launches the WORLD’S FIRST Gasoline Direct Injection engine.
- 2003 The Lancer Evolution is named Automobile Magazine’s ‘Automobile of the Year.’
- 2009 After more than 40 years of development and awards, the 2010 Mitsubishi Innovative Electric Vehicle is launched
- 2013 The award-winning Outlander PHEV, with the world’s first Plug-in Hybrid SUV, is released.
- 2017 The 100th Anniversary of Mitsubishi is celebrated.
With an illustrious past and a promising future, it’s not surprising that the 100th anniversary of Mitsubishi is being celebrated by car lovers across Australia and the world over. What is even more exciting for car enthusiasts and Mitsubishi dealers alike, is that Mitsubishi Australia is offering national specials that might just knock you off your feet.
There’s a huge range of specials throughout the Mitsubishi range, including the;
- MY17 TRITON GLX+ 4WD Double Cab Manual
- PAJERO GLX
- OUTLANDER SL 2WD 7 Sat Auto
- LANCER ES Sport Manual
- And much more!
Caloundra City Mitsubishi, are very excited about the 100th Anniversary of Mitsubishi. We love offering our customers the chance to save on a new Mitsubishi in Caloundra, and the latest specials from Mitsubishi Australia are nothing short of awesome. We are your Mitsubishi dealer on the Sunshine Coast and will do our upmost to ensure you save big across our range of vehicles and services.
To enquire about Mitsubishi’s current national offer, to arrange a test drive or just have a chat, contact our friendly team today.